Online workshop – Feature importance in Machine Learning – May 2021
In this workshop, feature importance in supervised machine learning is presented both in theory and in practice using Python programming language and its powerful scikit-learn library.
This workshop will cover these topics:
- What is feature importance?
- Models that calculate feature importance
- Recursive Feature Elimination without cross-validation
- Recursive Feature Elimination with cross-validation
This workshop will be given remotely and streaming using LiveWebinar platform, which works on every updated internet browser. No installation is then required.
The duration is about 60 minutes.
The speaker will show some slides for the theoretical part of the content and will write code during the event using Google Colaboratory for the practical part.
Participants can engage with the teacher and the other students using the online chat function near the video on the event page.
The source code written by the speaker will be given to the participants.
The speaker is Gianluca Malato, founder of Your Data Teacher.
Gianluca Malato was born in Italy and has a Master’s Degree cum laude in Theoretical Physics of disordered systems at “La Sapienza” University of Rome. He’s a Data Scientist who has been working for years in the banking and insurance sector. He has extensive experience in software programming and project management and has been dealing with data analysis and machine learning in the corporate environment for several years. He is also skilled in data analysis (e.g. relational databases and SQL language), numerical algorithms (e.g. ODE integration, optimization algorithtms) and simulation (e.g. Monte Carlo techniques). He has written many articles about Machine Learning, R and Python and has been a Top Writer on Medium.com in Artificial Intelligence category.
- The event runs for about 60 minutes
- Participants must register for the event using the form. Every participant will receive a confirmation e-mail with a unique link inside it to attend the event. This link can be used only by the student that has received it.
- Every participant will receive an e-mail reminder 2 days before, 1 hour before and 5 minutes before the event starts.
- Participants can engage with the teacher and the other students using the online chat function near the video on the event page. Please make sure to use a name you agree to make visible to the other users
- At the end of the event, a paid product of the teacher’s is presented
- At the end of the event, a short survey is given to the participants. Those who answer to the survey will receive a certificate of attendance of the webinar via e-mail
What will I get once I join the workshop?
Registered attendees will get:
- Access to the workshop according to the time schedule
- The source code written by the speaker during the event
- Attendance certificate in PDF format if you attend the entire live session of the workshop