Free Webinar – Data pre-processing for machine learning
Please register using the form below
Content of the webinar
In this webinar, some pre-processing techniques used in machine learning will be presented.
Pre-processing is a very important phase in machine learning. It comes before model training and it’s made by several transformations that are applied to a dataset in order to make it properly shaped for a model. It’s a very important step of a pipeline because it can really affect a model’s performance. A wrong choice of the transformations will lead to a wrong model, while a good pre-processing can make the model learn properly.
In this webinar, the speaker will introduce the main pre-processing techniques used in machine learning, that are:
- data cleaning
- encoding of the categorical variables
- power transformations
- feature selection
- Principal Component Analysis
The webinar will take place using the LiveWebinar platform, which works on every updated internet browser. No installation is then required.
The speaker is Gianluca Malato, founder of Your Data Teacher.
Gianluca Malato was born in Italy and has a Master’s Degree cum laude in Theoretical Physics of disordered systems at “La Sapienza” University of Rome. He’s a Data Scientist who has been working for years in the banking and insurance sector. He has extensive experience in software programming and project management and has been dealing with data analysis and machine learning in the corporate environment for several years. He is also skilled in data analysis (e.g. relational databases and SQL language), numerical algorithms (e.g. ODE integration, optimization algorithtms) and simulation (e.g. Monte Carlo techniques). He has written many articles about Machine Learning, R and Python and has been a Top Writer on Medium.com in Artificial Intelligence category.
- The webinar runs for about 45 minutes
- Participants must register for the event using the form below. Every participant will receive a confirmation e-mail with a unique link inside it to attend the webinar. This link can be used only by the student that has received it.
- Every participant will receive an e-mail reminder 2 days before, 1 hour before and 5 minutes before the event starts.
- Participants can engage with the teacher and the other students using the online chat function near the video on the event page. Please make sure to use a name you agree to make visible to the other users
- At the end of the webinar, a paid product of the teacher’s is presented and a time-limited discount coupon is given to the participants
- At the end of the webinar, a short survey is given to the participants. Those who answer to the survey will receive a certificate of attendance of the webinar via e-mail