Webinar – Ensemble models in Machine Learning – June 2021
In this free webinar, ensemble models and bias-variance tradeoff are introduced.
Ensemble models are machine learning models that are based upon other, simpler models called weak learners. The idea is to exploit the capability of a group of models to increase the stability and the accuracy of the predictions with respect to a single model.
This webinar will cover these topics:
- Bias-variance tradeoff
- Random forest
- Gradient boosting
This webinar will be given remotely and streaming using LiveWebinar platform, which works on every updated internet browser. No installation is then required.
The duration is about 60 minutes.
Participants can engage with the teacher and the other students using the online chat function near the video on the event page.
The speaker is Gianluca Malato, founder of Your Data Teacher.
Gianluca Malato was born in Italy and has a Master’s Degree cum laude in Theoretical Physics of disordered systems at “La Sapienza” University of Rome. He’s a Data Scientist who has been working for years in the banking and insurance sector. He has extensive experience in software programming and project management and has been dealing with data analysis and machine learning in the corporate environment for several years. He is also skilled in data analysis (e.g. relational databases and SQL language), numerical algorithms (e.g. ODE integration, optimization algorithtms) and simulation (e.g. Monte Carlo techniques). He has written many articles about Machine Learning, R and Python and has been a Top Writer on Medium.com in Artificial Intelligence category.
- The event runs for about 60 minutes
- Participants must register for the event using the form. Every participant will receive a confirmation e-mail with a unique link inside it to attend the event. This link can be used only by the student that has received it.
- Every participant will receive an e-mail reminder 2 days before, 1 hour before and 5 minutes before the event starts.
- Participants can engage with the teacher and the other students using the online chat function near the video on the event page. Please make sure to use a name you agree to make visible to the other users
- At the end of the event, a paid product of the teacher’s is presented
- At the end of the event, a short survey is given to the participants. Those who answer to the survey will receive a certificate of attendance of the webinar via e-mail
- The event, including the live chat, will be recorded and the recording will be sent to all the registered attendees
What will I get once I join the webinar?
Registered attendees will get:
- Access to the webinar according to the time schedule
- The recording of the event
- Attendance certificate in PDF format if you attend the entire live session of the webinar